We are what we think.
We think about what we read.
There is so much that is unhelpful.
Let’s share some good bits.
What are you reading?
- Just for a little while… don’t do anything new; don’t buy anything that isn’t a necessity. Go Deeper, Not Wider and discover the real value of the things you already have. HT J. Money
- If You Stop Thinking Of Exercise As A Way To Lose Weight, You Might Enjoy It – I’ve always thought the goal “to lose weight” was awful, while the goal “to be healthy” made a lot more sense. Good to know that 4 hours of soccer, a day of HIIT, and 3 days of Yoga are good enough!
- If Trump is in “excellent” health, then I’m the queen of England. We may be missing the point when we equate good health with being free from disease. How do you define “Excellent” Health?
- If you read “free” news… you have to realize that the incentives are misaligned. Ask yourself, how is it free? Do they pay people? Do they have an office with computers and coffee makers that use electricity? If you aren’t paying them… who is? Once you know who pays them… you know their incentives. This is why Farnam Street suggests we should Stop Reading News.Absolutely. Megan McArdle nails these 12 rules (esp. 6, & 10-12). She really is awesome at this writing as career thing.
- This list of Best Places To Live in 2017 was totally surprising to me. Living in the incredibly expensive San Francisco Bay Area, this list establishes the importance of affordability in the rest of the country. Happy to see my home town come in at #99.
- Your Happiness depends on your relationships. Working on them, especially your most important relationship is a path to lifelong satisfaction. For Long-Term Happiness, The Wedded Win the Race.
- There is no magic portfolio or investment philosophy, there is only the client, the client’s plan and a fiduciary guide. Tim Maurer tells you How To Avoid Being Victimized By Financial Deception.
- Really great employers will look for ways to reward and compensate really good employees. If you need a little help advocating for yourself, then Use These 5 Tips to Banish Anxiety And Ask For The Salary You Deserve.