Want to update your thinking, look to what you are reading.
- Our memories are just stories our minds tell us about past events. A cognitive scientist explains why humans are so susceptible to fake news and misinformation. (Neiman Lab – Julian Matthews)
- REALLY. There is no need to specialize at the age of 10. You Don’t Want a Child Prodigy. (NY Times – David Epstein)
- AND… You still want them to practice pushing through difficulty. How To Motivate Kids to Practice Hard Things. (Greater Good Magazine – Maryam Abdullah)
- It is important to remember that we are interdependent organisms. Resonance: How to Open Doors For Other People. (Farnam Street – Shane Parrish)
- Nothing in the future is assured. You can meet this with either anxiety or presence. Marcus Aurelius on Embracing Mortality and the Key to Living with Presence. (Brain Pickings – Maria – Popova)