Want to update your thinking, look to what you are reading.
- BUYER BEWARE: Lyft (and soon other digital unicorns) is going public because it needs more capital… to lose. Lyft’s IPO disclosure shows it’s not close to profitability and it has no good way to get there. (LA Times – Michael Hiltzik)
- This new wave of new wealth isn’t a pure positive. Thousands of New Millionaires Are About To Eat San Francisco Alive. (NY Times – Nellie Bowles)
- There is no evidence, I repeat – NO EVIDENCE, to support the persistence of performance. Taleb Was Right. We Are Still Fooled by Randomness. (Bloomberg – Mark Gilbert)
- We need to seriously consider this. American style capitalism has good and bad elements – a Social Wealth Fund could reduce some of the bad. Social Wealth Fund for America (People’s Policy Project – Matt Bruenig)
- Wealth and success have many sources… one is luck. The radical moral implications of luck in human life. (Vox – David Roberts)