Want to update your thinking, look to what you are reading.
- Risk cannot be eliminated; it can only be transformed. Investors choose between the experience of volatility (without reacting) today and running out of money sooner tomorrow. The Elimination of Risk (The Irrelevant Investor – Michael Batnick)
- No one does anything alone, but everyone likes to pretend. Why Does It Feel Like Everyone Has More Money Than You? (Harpers Bazaar – Jen Doll)
- Charlie Munger never minces words. Teaching young people to actively trade stocks (focus on timing and selection) is like starting them on heroin. (CNBC – Thomas Franck)
- The greater availability of data often enhances confidence… but doesn’t improve decision-making. Don’t Overthink (HumbleDollar – Adam M. Grossman)
- Excluding the west coast, housing hasn’t really gotten out of hand. Home Buyers Need 7.2 Years to Save Down Payments – 1.5 Years More then 1988 (Zillow – Skylar Olsen)